925 Court St.
Honesdale PA, 18431
Mark Steelman, Sheriff
Chief Deputy: Chris Rosler
Sergeant: Patricia Krempasky
Chief Clerk: Linda Billard
- Chad Hankinson
- Ray Gabikian
- Danene Van Horn
- Ray Paquette
- Mark Kellam
- Robert Pinkney
- Mark Santoli
- Richard Grant
- Josiah Misiura
- Michael Botjer
- Nick Sanseverino
- Linda Billard
- Roseanne Fabri
- Keara Drew
The mission of the Wayne County Sheriff’s Department is assure a safe environment for our community and an excellent quality of life. We provide a substantial level of services directed in a civil and respectful manner for the protection of lives, property, and welfare of our citizens and visitors.
- To serve and enforce all orders of the Wayne County Court of Common Pleas.
- To provide security and protection for the Court of Common Pleas and court related functions.
- To provide courthouse policing throughout the courthouse complex.
- To transport prisoners to and from county, state and federal institutions for court appearances.
- To keep the peace in the county.
- To arrest violators of the law and fugitives.
- To assist other law enforcement agencies in the county as requested or in periods of emergency.
- To serve Criminal and Domestic bench warrants.
- To serve and enforce protection from abuse orders
- To enforce child custody orders.
- To conduct levies, sales of personal property and real estate.
- To issue concealed weapons permits and licenses to sell firearms.
- To serve all types of civil process.
- To conduct investigations.
- To perform other duties as required by the Court of Common Pleas and the County Commissioners.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Department currently has 14 full time members, all which come from various law enforcement backgrounds.
- Graduation from the Pennsylvania Deputy Sheriff’s Academy
- Successful qualification in firearms.
- Mandatory update training certification
- Six month “Meets Expectations” probationary period
License to Carry a Firearm Information & Application Forms
Requirement Information (Form does not have to be returned to the Sheriff’s Office)
- Applicant Information
- Permission to Investigate Applicant
- Social Security Disclosure Information
- Commonwealth of PA Application
Forms 1, 2, 3, and 4 need to be completed and dropped off at the Sheriff’s Office along with the $5.00 initial fee. A photo will also be taken at this time. You will be notified within 45 days as to whether your application has been approved or denied.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is required to obtain a concealed weapons permit?
- The applicant must be at least 21 years of age and reside full time in Wayne County, proof of age and residency must be furnished when the application is submitted. A post office box will NOT be accepted as legal residence.
- $5.00 Due at application time (Non-Refundable)
- $15.00 upon receiving the license- Good for 5 years. **Total Charge is $20.00**
- Two references (Non family members) include name, address & phone number of persons given.
- Following an investigation, the applicant will be notified, as to whether the application has been approved or rejected.
What are some of the civil process procedures through the Sheriff’s Office?
- Summons, Complaints, Orders, Subpoenas, and etc. 1 copy for each defendant to be served. $200.00 Deposit required.
- Real Estate Sheriff sale- $1,500.00 Deposit required (Original Writ Of Execution)
- Legible description of real estate
- Affidavit pursuant to rule 3129.1
- Attorney to notify all lien holders, other than defendant
- Personal Property Sheriff Sale- $350.00 Deposit (Original Writ of Execution)
- Listing of Property to be levied
- Special instruction if required
Common Questions Concerning Sheriff Sales
Where and when are the Sheriff Sales held?
The Sheriff Sales are held on Wednesdays at 10am in the 3rd floor Commissioner’s Meeting Room located at 925 Court St. Honesdale, PA 18431.
Where are the Sheriff Sales advertised?
The Sheriff sales are advertised in the News Eagle, the Wayne Independent and online.
What methods of payment are accepted?
The Sheriff’s office accepts cashier checks and money orders. The money orders must be made out to the Wayne County Sheriff.
How much money is required at the time of sale?
At the time of sale you must have 10% of the bid price, the remainder is due in 30 days from the date of sale.
Is there any property research required before the sale?
The Sheriff’s Office strongly recommends doing a complete title search for the property before placing a bid.
*A complete address is required for service. P.O. Box numbers will not be accepted.
*All checks are to be made payable to the Wayne County Sheriff.
*Please call for further help.
*For Additional information, stop in the Sheriff’s office. Most times the Sheriff or his representative will be available to explain the duties of the Sheriff of Wayne County and to provide you with any other resources available.